Friday, July 10, 2015

Rain event

After leaving Kingman Arizona on Thursday morning I drove to Gallup New Mexico with the last 100 miles in a driving rain. When I pulled into USA RV Park half the roads had standing water, a couple more showers and the things settled down for the night.  The park is a nice one, unfortunately it abuts an airport and the I-40 corridor of the BNSF railroad. If you like trains you can enjoy one about every 15 minutes.

Friday we made a short day of it stopping at Bosque NM where I stayed over the 4th. Again the rain showed up in the afternoon, but dissipated after about an hour.

The plan: currently we are heading for Mission Texas and Val's Kountry Corral where I plan to park Mel in his site, stay a few days to get everything settled in and then head out in the car for some motel camping. I plan on heading back to the Midwest to visit with family and friends. As you know any plan is made in Jello so we shall see what happens.

11 comments:

  1. We still haven't gotten hardly any rain down here in the valley. I think NM has had a couple of big storms go through. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen plenty of rain theis year, maybe I should come to Arizona and work as a rain maker.

      Delete
  2. We stayed at USA RV Park several years ago.
    We finally have had several days without rain. Ohio is 5" over for the month, and it is only the 11th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. When I left Hannibal a couple of weeks ago, roads were closed to the north and south. I figured if I went west I could get out of it...wrong.

      Delete
  3. We're doing like Ohio lots of rain. The grass is so saturated that water bubbles up when you walk on the grass.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have the ability to find rain wherever I go. Is that a talent?

      Delete
  4. The local tv in Terre Haute had the rain at 26" so far this year with a MINUS .13...raining a lot in Indiana but still under the norm. Hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll come to Indiana to bring some moisture.

      Delete
  5. Nothing like camping on a transportation crossroads:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even mention I-40 about a quarter mile to the north. Only thing missing was a Coast Guard station.

      Delete